Sunday, July 6, 2008

Summer?

Well I know it is years between my posts, but life has been crazy. I am on my way out of town, but I thought I would post a few things that we have been doing.
Ethan has taken 2 sessions of swim lessons, and has learned so much. I have been amazed at how well he is doing. The picture here is of him learning the elementary backstroke, ie... Chicken, Star, Rocket. I have loved watching him learn to be a fish.


He has played with friends, and seen several movies. We have been going to the theater every thursday morning with a bunch of our friends. It is a great program, it was only $7 for 10 weeks of movies. We also have seen kung fo panda, and Walle. Ethan loved them both.

I have been very busy as we were able to move into our new chapel. It involved lots of moving things, decorating, and organizing. We had an open house June 26-28, and I had the opportunity to work, to tell visitors about the primary. It has been such a blessing to only have to drive 2 minutes to church rather than 30.
Dave's sister and her 2 boys came for a visit last week. Steph and I went to see the American Idol's live concert, and we had a great evening. This is a picture of us with a Pop tart. Pop Tarts were the sponsor of the concert.


It was so fun to have Steph, Tyler and Brayden with us. Ethan sure did love playing with his cousins.



Ethan and Dave have joined a group called Swing Kids. They perform WWII songs, singing and dancing. Dave works with the guy that started the group. They go around to Senior Centers and Veterans Centers. They had their first performance on the 4th. They both had a great time. I love watching them perform:)




And on the 4th of July we found a little puppy that Ethan named Short Round. We loved her and had a great day playing with her. We were all a little bit sad when the next day the owner called and took her back. We may have to consider getting Ethan a puppy.


So in a nutshell that has been the past 6 weeks. We are not ready for school to start in 4 weeks. Hopefully things might calm down, but I doubt it.

8 comments:

Steph said...

We had a fun time visiting! I'm glad we got to participate in some of your summer fun! Thanks for being such a great friend.

Holly said...

Ethan looks so cute in his uniform!!

Marylin said...

Yay you are back! Oh gosh Ethan looks so cute in his old fashioned uniform! Sounds like you guys have been busy! Glad you got into your new chapel, that is exciting! Grace tells me a couple times a week that she had a dream about Ethan! She sure loves her cousin, that must be why she enjoys torturing him :)

Erin said...

Ethan was so fun to have in swim lessons...He is adorable in that uniform!

i said...

Nice to catch up...So I'm not the only one who thinks that guys in uniforms are cute!!

Scrap Happy said...

Two comments:

on the pop tart pic - we are total dorks.

on Ethan - he looks FAB in that little costume! He's already got the haircut to be a marine!

The Reese's said...

Holy Crap Janna,
I have found your blog. Or it found me, or something like that. Sandy insisted we start blogging cause it's the in thing to do. We don't know much about it, but we have one now. So check it out. I don't even know where you live these days??? I'm just glad to learn you didn't fall off the face of the earth.

April said...

Wow..you guys have been uber busy!! Ethan is adorable in his uniform. That was an adorable puppy.