Tuesday, July 29, 2008

On to Las Vegas...


So on thursday July 10th, we went to the beach first thing in the morning. It was beautiful, a bit breezy and overcast. We could see the Navy swimming in the Ocean. It was pretty cool!!! I love the ocean, the sound, smell, everything about it. I was not looking forward to the 6 hour drive home, but I was more than ready to see Dave. I was excited because he was off that night, so we would get to spend some time together as a family. We were about 80 miles East of San Diego when my mom called to give me the news that Aunt Annetta had passed away. It was very difficult to control my emotions while driving 80 on the freeway. So I pulled off the road to decide what to do. I wanted to be with Dave, but I felt that it was also important to be with my parents and siblings. So to save on gas, I turned due North, and headed to Las Vegas. We then spent Thursday and Friday nights in Las Vegas. On Friday we went with my parents to Fry's Electronics. While out there we decided to visit my sister Emily at work. She works at Abercrombie. Last time we were in Vegas, my mom bought Ethan an out from Abercrombie, and it is now Ethan's favorite outfit. I must admit he looks cute in it. What I thought was funny was as we pulled into the parking lot, Ethan said "before we eat, I need to go to Abercrombie. It just made me laugh.
After visiting Emily, we went to eat lunch at one of my favorite places.. California Pizza Kitchen we had a nice lunch. I think Ethan's favorite part of the day was when he got a huge Ice Cream Sundae. I also enjoyed sharing it with him. This picture was when it was almost gone. It is a good thing that there isn't a CPK very close to my house. I think we would go way too often if it was:) I am ready to go back!!
On Saturday morning Ethan and I headed to Salt Lake City. The viewing and funeral wouldn't be until Monday/Tuesday, but we figured it might be nice to go visit Dave's brother Eric and his wife Holly. (And Emma too:) We would be staying at their house for the next several days. But that is another post...

1 comment:

Marylin said...

I love that place! They have my favorite shake mmmmm I get hungry just thinkin about it! :)