I love that place!!! Growing up my family spent several summers in a row there. We would go over the 4th of July, and spend a few days at the beach then go to Sea World. I have so many happy memories there, and would love for Ethan to have the same. I find it interesting that Ethan loves the ocean/beach so much. Its not like we go to the beach very often, maybe only once a year, but he will swim no matter how cold the water is.
He finally had the choice experience of being buried in the sand. It was a bit breezy, and after getting out of the water he was cold. So the warm sand did the trick.
We found a monster hole that several kids had been digging. Once the kids left Ethan thought it was a really fun place to be. I was slightly concerned that He might not be able to get out of the hole. But the kids that had been digging, created foot and hand holes so they could climb out. Ethan had a great time, and was able to get out, so I just let him have fun. My favorite part was the older lady who came and explained to me since my child was the last one in the hole, it was my job to fill it in. That it was my job to help keep the beach clean and safe. I was concerned seeing as the hole was more than 5 feet deep, and I had only a tiny shovel. My Mom went and asked a life guard what to do and he explained that they had tractors that came and swept the beach so we didn't have to worry about it. I was relieved to say the least.
After the first beach trip Ethan kept bugging me to get him a bogie board. I think the last time I had been on one was the summer that I stepped on a sting ray. OUCH!! Not to much fun. The last day of the trip, I finally broke down and bought one. I think Ethan just thought that he would stand on it, and it would do the work. My Dad helped me teach him that he had to do most of the work. He decided that it was to hard, and too cold to keep practicing. Oh well, hopefully he will have more fun with it next time.
Well, that is all for this post. I will try to do another post when I get a moment.
6 comments:
No fair I want to go to the beach!!!!
What fun! We're finally going to the beach this week. The fun pics got me excited about our trip!
that sounds so nice janna! i'm glad ethan enjoys the beach so much and that you had this chance to get away before your life gets crazy again!
I literally want to jump on the ocean photos!!! Loved the pics!
That is some good digging! And holy cow you have posted lots, oh yeah keep it goin!!
thanks for taking pictures. we built some forever memories
Post a Comment