Tomorrow is the big day... The day that we leave for our trip. I am a bit nervous, but mostly grateful. The title of this post is "How do I say thank you?" This is a question that I have had in my mind for the past few weeks. For those of you that are following our story, thank you.
Last week I was talking to David about how peaceful I felt. I have been amazed by the overwhelming sense of love that I feel. I have been worrying about this day for so long. Several weeks ago I was such a wreck, scared and worried about EVERYTHING. The last week I have felt strong, confident, and happy.
On Friday we were in a car accident. No one was hurt, and it is a miracle that we were safe, and there was minimal damage to our car. While we were stopped at a red light, an impaired driver slammed into the car behind us, sending it smashing into our car. We felt blessed that we were still able to drive our car away from the accident. Both of the other cars had to be towed away. I was annoyed that we were in the situation, but left feeling joyful that we were okay. The other miracle in this situation is that both of the drivers had insurance, and we are being well taken care of. Thank you Heavenly Father for blessing our little family. I know it was divine intervention that the accident wasn't worse.
Since our car was okay, we were able to go spend the weekend with my parents in Las Vegas. It was such a nice weekend. One of the highlights of the trip for me was being able to have my Dad give me a Fathers Priesthood Blessing. I love you Dad, thank you.
My favorite part was when my sweet husband took me on a date Saturday night. He took me on a little trip down memory lane. We visited most of the places that had significance for us the first year of our relationship. He had written a card for each place telling me why it was special to him. Thank you David!!! I love you so much.
Last Sunday I know that much of our family and friends fasted and prayed that we would have a successful trip, and that we would be at peace as we travled. As I told my friend today, I have felt those prayers. I feel the peace that only the Lord can give. To all of you that participated, and continue to pray for us.... THANK YOU!!
This morning as I was teaching preschool, I got a phone call from my visiting teacher. (A friend from church) She offered to bring dinner to us. I was so pleasantly surprised. I was so glad that someone was thinking of the details that would make my night easier. It was a wonderful meal. (Better than the Taco Bell we were going to have.) Thank you to my very in-tune friend. My family also thanks you!!
We have continued to be blessed with donations for this trip, the medical expenses and such. I have been touched with each donation. I know I have mentioned my gratitude in my other posts, but I just can't express my feelings enough. Each dollar is sacred; it is a tangible reminder of the love people feel for us. It amazes me that so many people are concerned for my son's well being. That people that don't know me, love me, pray for me, and are willing to help me.
Thank you... Thank you... Thank you... Thank you... Thank you... Thank you!
If I haven't mentioned you by name in my post, know it is only because I can't name every person that have helped us... I would still be typing tomorrow morning. But to the small details that have meant so much, the care packages, help booking hotels, (I like Priceline!) and the listening ears, THANK YOU!!!! I love you all so much.
Once we are settled and begin treatment, I will try to blog as often as possible.
See you in Cincinnati!!
1 comment:
You're amazing Janna. I'll be thinking of you guys. Can't wait to get an update with how things went. Miss you guys!
Post a Comment