Sunday, March 20, 2011

Relaxing Sunday

Today has been amazing. It was the day of rest we all needed. We slept in, and that made for a happy family. We have made some friends here in the RMH, and Ethan spent the day with 3 little friends.

What I have been pondering today is how wonderful the Ronald McDonald House is. It amazes me the amount of work that goes into running the house. The work is mostly done by volunteers. I know I have mentioned that the food is great and they are feeding us all of our meals here. Yet I am still in awe of the amount of love that goes into everything, especially the meals. Different groups, families and businesses provide the people to prepare and serve the meals as well as the food. After the wonderful meals we put our dishes into the dishwasher. However the volunteers clean up the meals and then empty the clean dishwashers. I almost feel guilty not having to do any cooking, or cleaning. We just have to make our beds, and empty our own trash cans.

Tonight we had a family that came and played bingo with the kids. They had tons of prizes, and were great with the kids. At the same time a girl scout troop brought ice cream sundes. There was also a woman that came into the house today that gave haircuts at no charge. She also provided kids with cookies, and activities.

I wish there were a way to formally thank all of those that are running the house, and showing those that live here how much we are loved. The best way I can show my gratitude is to go home and be a volunteer, as well as spread the word to everyone I know. So if you live near a RMH and have the ability to serve, please do!!!!