As some of you know I have been stuck in bed for the past 3 days. I have been sicker than I have been in a long time.
I was so stressed out because I wasn't able to teach my preschoolers about the importance of Thanksgiving. However I am thankful the time in bed has given me to ponder all of my many blessings.
So here is my short list.
1. I am thankful for my amazing husband!!!! He has worked so hard for so many years to take care of our family. As most of you know he works the most unpleasant hours. We have just been thankful he has a good stable job.
Yesterday we received the great news that beginning in January he will be on the Training squad at work. He interviewed with about 30 other applicants for 2 positions, He was ranked number 1. He will now be working Mon-Thurs 7-5. With holidays off. This will be the first time in 8 years that he will be able to work days. I am so excited!!!!! He worked so hard to get this job. Not to mention what an incredible father husband and best friend he is. Thank you David I love you....
2. I am thankful for my sweet boy. Last week he spent 8 Days in with his grandparents. I missed him so much. Don't get me wrong, I loved the peace and quiet, but after several days of silence I realized how much I love his noise. I love the opportunity to home school him. I love all of the things we are getting to do together. I am savoring the time with him, and I am thankful that he wants to spend the time with me.
3. I am thankful for wonderful family. It is often hard to live so far away from any family. What a blessing that I can talk to you on the phone, through emails and even occasionally in person:) Thank you to wonderful parents that take care of us in so many ways. We are so blessed this year to be able to spend Thanksgiving with my family and Christmas with Dave's. I am so excited to be able to see all of you!!!!
4. I am thankful for the world's best friends. As I have been sick, I have had many people call to check on me. What touched me most were the sweet women who took time out of their busy lives to bring us food. We have had meals that were amazing!!! Today Ethan was asking for more of the soup that was given to us last night. Then he asked for seconds from tonight's meal. He was sad when it was all gone!!! And I am still enjoying the desserts:)
I love you my friends that call me, email me, take care of me, and listen to me complain. Thank you for your support, your love, and friendship. I pray that I can be the kind of friend to you that you have been to me.
My gratitude list goes on and on. But I will leave that for my journal. ( I didn't post pictures of all of my friends and family because It would turn into a picture book:)
I am so blessed.
ps.. I am thankful for twilight to finally be out!!!!
5 comments:
WOOHOO! I've been waiting for this NEWS! Congrats DAVE!
OOPS - that was ME, ha!
I'm sorry you were sick. That's never fun. That's awesome about Dave's job though. I'm really happy for you both!
We are thankful for you baby girl. We are blessed by your faithful life. Except when you climbed out your window in the middle of the night! You wild thing!
That is SOOO GREAT about Dave's job!! I hope you are feeling better too.
Post a Comment