Okay, so today hasn't been the easiest day, but totally worth it!!!
I knew that I would need to vote before my 9 am preschool class started, so I got up at 5:30, and drug my poor 6 year old out out bed, and made my way out to vote.
When we couldn't find a parking place I decided to run to the grocery store and then try a bit later.
We got in line at 6:30ish. By 8:30 am I was still in line, Ethan was tired of standing in line. Thank goodness Dave got home, and came and got Ethan. I was beginning to worry that I would run out of time, but then something wonderful happened. A man came out of the voting room, and asked for anyone who's name ended in M-Z!!! So I got to cut ahead of lots of poor people, and I only had to wait another 15 minutes or so. I made it home with about 8 minutes to spare:)
What a blessing to live in a land where every vote counts, and we get to make important decisions about how our country operates. I love being able to vote, and I am proud that I can set that example for Ethan.
Today was a great opportunity to talk about voting with him as we stood in line. During one of my preschool classes today he was very excited to tell everyone that he couldn't wait till he was 18 so he could go vote.
If you have yet to vote PLEASE go out now!!! Your vote does matter!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment