Monday, December 8, 2008

Camera drama

So I have not posted about thanksgiving because I am having serious camera issues. I know, I know, Thanksgiving isn't about cameras. I just like to add pictures to my posts.
Thanksgiving was fantastic. We were blessed to be able to go to Las Vegas. We arrived on Tuesday night, and didn't get home till late on Saturday night. We loved spending time with most of my family. (We sure missed you Liss and Chet) Ethan cried when he had to leave his cousins.
Thanks family for such a wonderful time!

So back to my camera issues....
Back in September I lost the charger for my camera battery. It was $80 to replace it!!! It was only $180 to buy a whole new camera. I decided in early October to bite the bullet and buy a new camera. From the first few uses I knew I was in trouble. Most of the pictures came out blurry. Needless to say I have almost no halloween pictures. Well none that turned out well. I am sure it was a user problem, but if I can't make it work right then I, knew I had to find one that would be easier for me to work. After about 6 weeks of "trying" to use it I finally took it back. (Gotta love Costco!)
I looked at several models and the guy I was talking to told me to wait for a few more weeks and all the cameras would be going down in price. So here I am 2 weeks before Christmas without a camera. :((( I just hope I will have the time to go out shopping again. If you have any suggestions let me know. I am looking to spend under $200.

Thanks!!!

7 comments:

April said...

That stinks! I wonder if there was a technical issue. That happens sometimes. I hope you find a good deal. I'll let you know if I see something. Glad you had fun in Vegas.

Kendra@My Insanity said...

I only have expensive camera suggestions. Good luck!

Hey! Could you ask Dave to give me a call about the Music Fireside when he gets a chance. Thank you!

Marylin said...

K so I will say that I had great luck with the Kodak camera I had, it worked so well that when I got my new one I gave it to someone else! I bought one for my Mother In-Law a few years ago and she still loves hers! They are easy to use and take great pictures for not very much money!! I have also owned a nikon point and shoot that has not been my favorite and then of course my big fancy camera but you know about that one!! :) Love ya call if you need any further help!

andrea said...

I'm happy with my kodak 8.2 megapixels. It's nothing fancy, but it works. If I was a photographer I would get something different. My husband also likes Canon and Nikon.

If you buy your camera before it goes on sale most places will do a price adjustment within 30 days.

i said...

glad you had fun! good luck w/ the camera.

Shauni said...

Hi Janna!!! Do you remember me--Shauni Boren?! It's been a long time--hope it's okay that I found your blog! Your mom sent my mom some blog addresses so we checked out your blogs over Christmas! What a cute family you have--your little guy is adorable! It's so fun to see what you're up to after all these years. Our blog is private, but if you want to see what I'm up to these days, send me an email so I can send you an invite--shaunihawkins@msn.com. Take care!

Karen said...

I need your email address so I can send you an invite to my blog :) (krazy421 at yahoo dot com)