Thursday, January 15, 2009

It's great to be 30!!


So last weekend our great friend Jason turned 30, Dave turned 30 in Sept, and Melissa (Jason's wife) will be 30 soon as well. (I have been 30 for quite some time...)
So we decided to go to vegas for a fun weekend getaway! What was the best part was we were childless for 48 hours!!!!
I don't have many pictures, but a quick rundown of our trip.
*Guys played Guitar Hero
*Gals talked and talked
*Had yummy Gelato
*Got free tickets to a funny magic show
*Had amazing Japanese food
*Had fun on Freemont street
*Walked until I thought I couldn't take another step
*Wished the trip had been longer.

If you wish to keep reading the rest is a more detailed rundown of the trip, mostly so I can remember the fun we had.


So this picture will always make me laugh. We had been wandering through Caesars Forum Shops and decided to get dessert. We saw this gelato place and ordered. As we went to pay we saw signs by the registers that showed the prices at 9.99 for the medium that we had gotten, I thought that had to be wrong because it was soooooo small. But alas, as we paid it was $43 for four medium gelatos. We were all just astounded, we never checked the prices because we would never imagined it costing 10 dollars each. Through the rest of the weekend we checked every gelato place we saw, and no place had it over 5 or 6 dollars. Crazy, how did we manage to find the one place in vegas that charges 10 bucks? Oh well we can laugh about it for a long time!!


No comments: