So the last two Saturday's we went to Home Depot to get garden supplies. But we have had to stop and be a part of the Kid's workshop. Last week we built a fire truck. Ethan was given a little apron, safety glasses and a hammer. (Scary I know!!) He had such a great time hammering and then placing the stickers on the truck. The coolest part is that the lights on top are a whistle.
After completing the project he got a small pin with a fire truck to place on his apron. We had so much fun.
Then yesterday we went, and they were carving pumpkins. He is into Batman right now so naturally we put bats on his pumpkin. When we were done with the pumpkin they gave him a glow stick to put into the pumpkin.
Then they asked us if he wanted to do another project. Of course we said yes, so he got to build a small footstool. We used wood glue, screws and nails again. It turned out great. When we got home Ethan wanted to paint his stool. He loves how it turned out and has been playing with it all day.
Now you are probably asking how much we spent on these activities. $0.00!!! They gave us all of the supplies, including the pumpkin. Why didn't I know about this before?
We will plan on doing this as often as possible. If you are interested in the workshops, contact your local home depot. Ours does it on the 1st and 3rd Saturday's, but for some reason they did it 2 weekends in a row.
6 comments:
What a great program! I'll definately be looking into that. Is there an age limit, or rather an age requirement that you know of?
Our Home Depot here does that too and we love it!
Cool. Can I just send my girls to go with you next time??
Wow! Awesome stuff! I wonder if my girls are big enough to handle it? I can't believe it's free!
I am really gonna figure out when they do it here cause I have heard of it before but didn't know it was free! How fun what a good day!! Love ya
It is for ages 5-12 I believe, however there were kids who were 3 & 4 both times we went.
Post a Comment