...... I need a lesson in simplifying my life. The past several weeks have been so crazy!!! I won't bore you with all the gory details:). This is the first time in 4 days I have even been on the computer that is insane for the girl that checks her email 3-4 times a day. All I can say is ahhhhh.
I just wanted to reflect on a great lesson I have been reminded of the past few weeks...
Several weeks ago our Bishop challenged our ward to read the Book of Mormon before the end of the year. No problem, it was 2 months, and I knew I could do it. As I started getting into the full swing of the holidays, I began to neglect my reading. I was reading a few chapters a week, but that wouldn't do if I was going to finish in time. I was justifying the lack of reading because of my very very busy schedule. Then one night I was a basket case due to the millions of things I needed to do, forgot to do, and was in the middle of doing, when David put his arms around me and made me stop for a minute. He asked me how my Book of Mormon reading was going. I told him.... and he promptly sent me to my room with my scriptures. I put up a good fight, with all of my very valid excuses. However as usual, he won, and I spent an hour reading. What a blessing. Thank you sweet husband for helping me get my priorities straightened out.
Fast forward to this week. I have had way to many things on my plate, again I need to simplify, and ask for more help... I was stressing, but this time I made sure I had at least 30 minutes of reading my scriptures. I may not have gotten everything done I wanted to, but I have been more peaceful, happy and not so crazy. I know it was due to reading the Book of Mormon.
What a blessing it is to have that precious book in my life. The scripture that has stuck with me the past few weeks is.... Jacob 4:7 "Nevertheless, the Lord God showeth us our weakness that we may know that it is by his grace, and his great condescensions unto the children of men, that we have power to do these things."
I have felt so inadequate lately, and as I read this I realized that it is okay that I am not perfect. Because of my weakness, I am humbled to realize that the only reason I can do anything is because of my Savior. I have forgotten to focus each day on Being more like my Savior. As I have been planning the past few days, I ask the Lord, "What activity, event, etc, will bring me closer to Christ?". I have noticed a difference.
I am so grateful to know that Jesus Christ is my Savior. I am Thankful for this Christmas Season to celebrate the birth of Christ. We are so blessed to have a Bishop that was inspired to help our Ward read the Book of Mormon this year. It has been an amazing experience for me. I am so excited, I will finish reading by the end of the year!!!
2 comments:
Yay! A Janna post! :-) Thanks for the reminder about the BOM reading! We were doing so well, but we've gotten really behind the last week or two. Speaking of... I better go do some reading now. Love ya!
I love you Janna. Thanks.
Post a Comment