What a Year the Meadows Family has had!!!!
We have had a few firsts, and it they have been very exciting.
* This year marks the first time we have stayed in one house for more than a year!!!
After being in 3 states & 7 different homes in 6 years, it has been such a blessing to actually stay put for a while:) However moving every year helps keep the junk levels down.
*David has been with the same company for over 2 years. Although he did change job titles in 2006, he still works in the same department. He is enjoying his work as Police Dispatcher. He has become a trainer, and really has fun teaching people how to deal with the 911 callers. He plans on staying in this job for a while.
*I have started teaching... I have always loved to teach, but this year I started teaching preschool. I have 4 classes of 5 kids. I teach 5 days a week, and love every day. The kids bring me so much joy. I have always wanted more kids, and since we have never been able to get pregnant, this has been a great option. I have had many callings in the primary, many of them a number of times, but this year I became the President. We have over 100 kids in our ward, not counting those under the age of 3. What a challenge. I LOVE serving these wonderful children. I am learning a lot about myself, as I serve in this calling. But it has been a blessing in my life.

* Ethan lost his first tooth in June. We were not ready for that!! He had just barely turned 5. We were walking into the grocery store, and as I was putting him into the cart, I noticed his tooth was gone. I asked him what happened. He said it just came out. When asked what he did with the tooth, he just said he "threw it". We searched the car, and sure enough he had thrown it on the floor. Then on the 3rd of July he lost his second tooth. He currently has 3 more loose teeth. Crazy!!
Ethan started kindergarten in August. It was a bitter-sweet day. He was so excited to get to go to school. He does not however like having to get up early. We love his school and his teacher. I have enjoyed being able to help in the class almost weekly. He has quickly learned that recess is the best part of school. However he loves going to Art, Music & PE, and he says PE is the best. He is already reading, and writing sentences. (He loves to read, but hates the writing part) We are constantly amazed at how much he is learning.
*We have been in the same ward for a full calendar year!! We have made so many great friends this way. Who would have thought.
This year has also brought many trips to Disneyland. We have had annual passes for several years, and this year we let them expire. With Ethan in School, mom teaching, and Dad's work schedule, we knew it wouldn't be possible for many little trips to the Happiest Place on Earth. Ethan has had a difficult time understanding why we cant just go whenever we want to.
We have also traveled to Loveland, Las Vegas & Long Beach several times to visit family. We feel very blessed to have such wonderful families, and be able to visit them often.
We are looking forward to a quiet Christmas at home just the 3 of us. We can't wait to see what 2008 brings us...
We pray you all have a wonderful Christmas. Thank you for being a part of our lives!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM THE MEADOWS FAMILY
2 comments:
What a terrific year! Especially the recent visit of a great gal to your home. =) Um, I think you forgot to mention that in your blog. Tsk Tsk.
Holy cow. You should have seen me when I read about Ethan saying, "I threw it." Holy cow. Next time you see Reid, just ask him about it. I've been laughing uncontrollably for at least five minutes... tears of laughter filling my eyes... my back and stomach were starting to hurt and I could hardly breathe. Oh my. Thank you for the late-night Christmas Eve laugh. Oh my. Hilarious. And Merry Christmas! We love you!
Post a Comment