Thursday, December 27, 2007

Ethan...

Is always doing something or saying something that makes me laugh. I think though that one of the best was on Christmas night. We had decided to surprise him with a hotel room on Christmas, he has always loved staying in a hotel.
One time we had just arrived in Anaheim to go to Disneyland. It was around 3 and the park closed at 8. I gave him the choice, go into the park for a few hours, or just go to the hotel. He chose the hotel. That shows he would choose the hotel over Disneyland. Crazy boy!!
Anyway we told Ethan we were going to Downtown Phoenix just to look at lights, (downtown being one of his other favorite places) he was so excited to go look at lights. We got to the hotel, and I told him I needed to run in for just a minute. As I was inside checking in, Ethan was going on and on to Dave about why we couldn't go home. Finally in a last ditch effort to convince Dad to let him stay he said, "But Dad, if we go home it will just ruin Christmas."
Luckily for him I came out to the car with a room key, and informed him that we were staying. He was so excited, he could hardly contain his joy.
The guy who checked me in was nice enough to Upgrade us from a basic room to a suite at no charge when I told him that we were surprising our 5 year old. We were up on the 17th floor, and had a great view of down town, and the arena where the Phoenix Suns play. We let Ethan stay up late, and just enjoy the room. As I was tucking him into bed I asked him if he had a good day. He enthusiastically replied, "The best Christmas ever!!, I got exactly what I wanted, a kids camera, and a hotel." Then he just smiled. It made my heart happy.


3 comments:

Scrap Happy said...

funny, funny kid...

Holly said...

So, if this trend continues, Ethan might be the first guy to go on a honeymoon and want to stay in the hotel room for the hotel room. =)

Jackie Lee said...

Janna...what a fun mom you are! Looks like Ethan had a great time!