Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Halloween

I am not sure why I love Halloween so much but I do. I love to decorate for it, and talk about it, plan parties, and plan costumes. I am obsessed I know but what can I do? I have been enjoying my Halloween decorations so much that I decided I would share a few pics of my favorite things.

These are the inspiration for this post. I have always purchased decorations after Halloween when they go on clearance. However this year we have a few home-made decorations that I love!!!





Last week in preschool I had each child color the ghost, and then they glued the streamers to the bottom of the ghost. Thanks go to my husband for hanging the ghosts on the ceiling. There is no way I could reach, even with the stool:) It has been so fun to watch the kids search for the ghost that they colored. They take such pride in seeing their artwork hanging up.


I have never really lived in a house I could decorate the outside of before. We moved into this house just before Halloween last year, so I didn't do much for my favorite holiday. But on Saturday we decided to get the spider webs. I love them!! We also have black lights, that make the spider webs glow in the dark. We also carved a pumpkin, however the 85-90 degree weather wilted it in 2 days. Oh well. It just means we get to do anther one!!!!!



This could be my all-time favorite decoration. I saw it when I was buying groceries. Dave told me I had to get it because it reminded him of Elphaba (from Wicked). She wears green, purple and black. It is made from jingle bells and so every time I open the door I hear the bells. I love it, thanks Dave!!!!!

These pictures barely scratch the surface of my decorations.. But if you want to see them all you will just have to come visit:)
And if you plan on carving a pumpkin, I have a great easy recipe for baking pumpkin seeds. Just let me know.

3 comments:

Lani said...

Mmmm... those pumpkin seeds were yummy. We should get together and carve pumpkins and make pumpkin seeds. :-)

Alicia said...

I just found your blog from Shellie's. I see we have a lot in common, I love Halloween and am also astounded that somehow I'm a mom of boys, surrounded by so much testosterone is strange, but I love it and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Marylin said...

You are totally out of control with the spider webs! Hee hee I must just be boring cause all I have is a cute basket on my counter that says Happy Halloween! :) Oh but it does have candy in it. heee. I do better with Christmas cause my tree matches my house decorations, I know I know I have issues but who doesn't :) Love you and see you soon!