Sunday, October 21, 2007

Boys!!!




I love my boys so much!!! I just thought I would post a bit about the most important people in my life.
I grew up in a house with 5 girls and 2 boys. Even our pets were always girls. So I was very used to being in a household with a lot of estrogen. Both of my sisters first children were girls, so I was sure I would continue the pattern of homes filled with girls. When I discovered I was pregnant with a boy, needless to say I was shocked. How do you deal with little boys? I have never been in a home with more boys than girls. How would I manage to keep some femininity in my life? Well I have found that it is a bit crazier with boys, but I have grown to love being the only girl in the house:)

Today at church we were practicing for the primary program at church... Ethan was so excited to stand at the podium and say his part. However when his turn came, he just looked at me and wanted help saying it. I know he knew what he should say, but as he gave me that pleading look, my heart melted. I realized that I would always be willing to help that boy. I love watching him learn and grow. He amazes me with his ability to remember things. He learned his part for church in about 5 minutes, he loves sharing with me what he has been learning at school. I often wish I had a memory like his.
Ethan has such a funny obsession with Star Wars. In March of 2006 he spent the night at a friends house and watched Star Wars for the first time. Here we are 19 months later, and it is still ALL he can talk about. He loves all of the movies, the music, and most especially the Lego Star Wars game. He can hum all of the characters themes for you. I didn't even realize that each character had its own music... Ethan figured it out just from watching the movie:)
Today as we were driving home from church we were talking about our plans for the afternoon, and out of the backseat we hear Star Wars music being hummed, then hearing him telling himself about light sabers and Jedi knights. When asked what he wants to be when he grows up he will always reply "a Jedi!" You will be oh, so surprised to learn he is going to be Annikan Skywalker for Halloween. He can't wait! I am blessed to be that boys Momma!!

Then there is my David. I have been so blessed to have him as a husband. He always knows just what I need. I love that we share so many similar interests. What are the odds of finding a man who would love going to Disneyland as much as I do? I love that he is willing to watch chick flicks with me, and often he enjoys the movie as much as I do if not more. It is so fun to see him be so excited to play Legos with Ethan. I am slightly jealous though, David has a much better wardrobe than I do. I love how he takes great pride in dressing nicely, mostly for my enjoyment:) I love how when we ride in the car together, he always holds my hand. I love being married to my very best friend.

I am such a lucky girl to have 2 wonderful boys!!!

3 comments:

Lani said...

We love the Meadows family!!

The Rowles said...

I like the boy thing too. I could use another XY!

Holly said...

How lucky to be able to easily define your family dynamics. We have 1 boy, 1 girl, and 1 Emma. =)
Who knows which category will increase next!?