Monday, April 20, 2009

Fun weekend!!

Have I mentioned how much I love having Dave home on the weekends? This is the first time in our 8 years of marriage that he works days, and has weekends (Fri, Sat and Sun) off.
So on Friday Dave got to ride his bike to the top of South Mt. Ethan and I met him up there. They got to hike around for a few min before Dave rode down to the bottom of the mountain. I followed him (in the car) and it made me so nervous watching him fly down the road. I was going about 15-20 mph and he was doing about 30 mph on his bike. He did make it down safely though!!
We had to hurry home so I could go to lunch with a girlfriend, while Dave kept the kids. It was great!! (Thanks Dave!!)
Then I went to Dinner with a different girlfriend. We went to a greek restaurant in the Arizona center. It was so good!!!
Dave took Ethan out to dinner, and to a new park that is down town. Ethan had a great time in the water feature they had.

Saturday we went to Home Depot for the kids craft. Ethan built a bird house, and I got sunburned. I am not ready for summer. But the best part of the home depot thing was the petting zoo, and fire truck.
I loved the baby pig. He was only 2 days old. I would so have a pig as a pet if they stayed that small and soft!! Ethan liked the bunnies best!!
We also looked at paint colors for the family room, and Ethan's room. We haven't decided yet, so I will keep you posted.


Then we went to the drive in Sat night. The only problem with Dave's new schedule is that we are generally in bed asleep by 10pm. So when the second movie didn't start till 10, we had a tough time. We left about 30 min into the second film, cause we just couldn't stay up. Oh well!! Next time we will take naps before we go.
I am so glad we live in such a fun place, with great friends, and can actually spend time together on the weekends!

4 comments:

Amberly said...

I'm so glad you're blogging again. It's fun to see what you're up to over there!

Lani said...

What a fun weekend! We need to check out those fun Home Depot projects... and that drive-in theater! My kids would love those.

Let's get together soon. I miss you!

Marylin said...

Man that was a busy weekend but sounds so fun!! C'mon you know you miss Vegas and ALL it has to offer!! :) hee hee Love ya

April said...

I get tired just reading your blog let alone trying to do all of the things you do...LOL. Glad you had a fun birthday.