Sunday, March 29, 2009

To Blog or Not to Blog that is the question.....

I have been "gently" reminded by many people that I haven't blogged in a very long time.
I decided at the beginning of the year I was done blogging. I don't have time for it, and no one would notice anyway. The people that read my blog are mostly the same people i talk to nearly every day. So I decided not to blog.

I even went nearly 6 weeks without even looking at another blog. But then over the past few weeks I began reconsidering my decision. I have been looking at everyone's blogs again, and so today I decided to post on the blog.

I am still not sure if I want to keep up the blogging. I don't even know what to post most of the time.

My other question is where do you all get the time to blog so often? There is a blog I often read, that has 11 posts in the last 7 days!!! I find between teaching preschool (and the prep time) and spending 4-6 hours a day doing home school, I have no extra time.
(The only reason I have found time today is because I am burning 50 cd's and I have to stay at the computer.)

If you have any suggestions, let me know!!

13 comments:

Holly said...

I had another friend ask a similar question not long ago, and that was only after a week or so of not blogging. You read my blog so you know how often I post. Sometimes it's almost every day. Other times it's once a week or so. I don't feel the need or pressure to post a certain amount per week/month etc. Blogging to me is just a way to share thoughts, stories, pictures, ask advice, etc. It should be something fun that you enjoy. If you stop enjoying it or having fun, then you should probably think about stopping.

As far as how to post more often, well for starters, stop being so busy! =) I don't know how you ever manage to post anything being as busy as you are. I'm not as busy as you and still find it hard sometimes to get something posted.

What I do sometimes is draft several posts at once (if I have a good chunk of time, like on a sunday for example, and several things I know I want to post about) and then schedule them to be posted, so I don't have to worry about it later. And sometimes I just have to be okay with fewer posts if I'm really busy.

I love reading your blog when you do post, but just make sure that it makes you happy. Do it for yourself first, and then if the rest of us are happy, great.

Happy blogging. And here's looking forward to some more posts. Maybe?

Ber said...

I have missed your blog. I love seeing what goes in your life. I miss you guys!! The only time i really find to blog is when everyone else is in bed. Then i can concentrate and not be interrupted. It's what I do to unwind at night. Keep blogging! I wanna know what's going on with your preschool, and Ethan's homeschooling, and what Dave's been up to!! So, by order of the court, you are not to give up blogging young lady!!

Karen said...

I am reading your blog whenever you post and it's fun to know what you're up to. I think of my blog as my journal online. We have been asked to keep a journal for posterity and so if you only even post once a month as a recap, you could do it on a Sunday before or after church and feel good about keeping your journal. Hope that helps.

i said...

i'm always happy when you post. :0) what's nice is, that you can write often or not at all...then pick up where you left off. i'm glad you are back...for now.

The Rowles said...

Look you have got to get your act together and post more often. Do you not love your family? If you were as good as me you would put a post up with some pics of your family like you are still alive. How do think everyone who is anyone keeps up with me?
I love you and I check to see if you post often. we are far away and I like seeing what is going on!

Misty Holt said...

I love reading your blog! What I TRY to do is blog every Sunday at night after everyone's in bed (like right now). Make it a duty to blog every Sunday and if you have nothing to blog about do a "grateful" blog, we always can find and write about things that we are grateful for!

Lani said...

I guess it's the writer in me, but I think I'd go crazy if I couldn't blog. But I don't home school and I don't teach preschool! ;-) I don't blame you for wondering how we all do it... you're a busy lady! I suspect I'll have less time after Ax jr. arrives, but we'll see... :-)

Scrap Happy said...

Glad to see you back. We always have plenty to talk about, so I'm sure you've got plenty in that head of yours you could share. A weekly Heroes review would be great. I'm so lost...

Marylin said...

I miss when you blog and I love when you update! For me I tend to do lots of my posts at night after I get the kids to bed or after I get Grace on the bus. Sometimes I will have posted one day when I had time and then to make it look like it was more recent I will copy and paste it into a new post!! The other thing I do is I will break it up, like work on finding a picture for the post I have in mind and save that, then when I have another moment to sit I will post to the picture that was added previously! My latest thing has been working on turning my blog into a book, it has been pretty simple cause I have just downloaded the free software and then uploaded my blog to the software and it does the rest!!

The other thing is I love to write and so for me it is my hobby and it helps to have Jimmy around too!! :) Just post when you can and know that there are those of us out there that will be here to read it when you do! Love you

Unknown said...

Janna, I think your sister Alyssa is a very hostile person. Maybe when your are as old as she is you can be just as angry as she is. Wait! That cannot happen. I love your blog. Someone has to blog because I don't want to. I love you and your sisters too. Your birth mother. That should get some people thinking!

Erin said...

I deffinetly blog less in the summer...it's good to have priorities. Love you!

AMY said...

That's why you only see a post or two on my blog each month, I truly don't have the time - but for recording purposes I think it's worth it. I just don't like feeling like I have to write for other people.

I'm trying to find your preschool blog.

Annie said...

I for one LOVE your blog. I feel like I get to still know you even though it has been years since I have actually seen you in person. I post whenever I have something to say, if I haven't got a thing to say then I don't say anything at all. Post when you can the blogging world loves it.